September 2016 Flood FAQs
Current river levels and projections can be found on the National Weather Service website.
Flood Inundation Map
Interactive GIS Layers Map
- Check the city website – www.cedar-rapids.org and click on the alert pop-up to read the most current information.
- Sign up for text and/or email alerts at www.CRNewsNow.com
- Follow local media and the City’s social media pages. There will be 10 a.m. press conferences every day from now until the event concludes.
Current open sites:
- Cedar Hills Community Church, 6455 E Avenue NW, Cedar Rapids
(This site can accommodate individuals with special needs.)
St. Paul's United Methodist Church, 1340 3rd Ave SE, Cedar Rapids
Garbage, recycling and yard waste will be collected the week of October 3.
The deadline for property tax payments has been extended by one month in Linn County. Linn County officials requested the extension and Governor Branstad has approved the request.
The new deadline for the first semiannual installment of property tax payments in Linn County is Oct. 31.
Until further notice, the Linn County Treasurer’s Office is temporarily located at the Linn County Community Services Building, 1240 26th Ave. Court SW, Cedar Rapids. Hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Payments can be made in person, online or by mail. Payments made in person can be made via credit card, debit card, check or money orders (no cash payments at this time).
To pay online, visit www.IowaTaxAndTags.gov.
Cedar Rapids Transit will resume normal operations on Saturday, October 1.
- Noelridge Pool parking lot, starting at 7 a.m. on Friday
- Ellis Park, estimated to start on Saturday (check social media and the website for the announcement of this site opening)