Welcome to Cedar Rapids Animal Care & Control
Interested in volunteering? Check out our Volunteer Page for more information!
IMPORTANT CHANGES AS THE RESULT OF COVID-19
- The shelter is closed to the public. Adoptions will be by appointment only. Please see the animals available for adoption at http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/IA125.html.
- Lost or missing animals recovered by Animal Care and Control may be reclaimed by the owner; however, the owner must call ahead first. Animal adoption visits will be available by appointment only.
- Animal Care and Control will not be accepting the owner surrender of animals until the shelter re-opens (with the exception of owner-requested euthanasia).
- Cats obtained through humane live traps will not be accepted until the shelter re-opens.
Given that the shelter is closed to the public outside of appointments, there will be a real need to conserve space until we open again. With this in mind we have decided to not accept cats in humane live traps until the shelter re-opens to the public. Those that set humane live traps to capture stray and feral cats in their neighborhoods are asked to please be patient. With limited access to the shelter for adoptions, space at the shelter will become a very real concern. Please cease trapping activity until further notice.
- Animal Care and Control can be reached at 319-286-5993.
About Cedar Rapids Animal Care & Control
Missing a Pet?
You can view a list of the many wonderful pets we have available for adoption by visiting our PetFinder website at http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/IA125.html.
Although we do our best to keep current and reliable information on each report and stray animal in our care, we strongly encourage you to personally visit our shelter to look for your lost pet, since only YOU can accurately identify your pet. And we encourage you to visit daily until your pet is found.
Unidentified animals are held for only five days (excluding date of impound and Sundays/holidays) for owner reclaim. Animals that are injured or diseased may be held for a shorter period. Animals that are not claimed within the five-day holding period may be made available for adoption, placed in foster care, or sent to rescue.Found Animal Online Form
LOST ANIMAL ONLINE FORM
Cedar Rapids Animal Care & Control gratefully accepts monetary donations. Contributions go directly toward providing treatment for health-compromised animals needing more specialized care to make them whole again and ready for a new life in a loving home. Contributions also help support the spay/neuter of all adoptable animals, as well as life enrichment toys and features in the shelter that the City budget cannot cover.
Donations can be mailed to:
Cedar Rapids Animal Care & Control
"Friends Helping Friends" Foundation of Cedar Rapids
7241 Washington View Parkway SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
We also maintain a Wish List of items we need a supply of on a daily basis. A convenient online Wish List can be found on Amazon.com. This online list includes several items the shelter needs on a daily basis (see partial list below).
Daily Wish List:
- Paper Towels
- Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
- Dawn Dish Detergent
- Toilet Paper
- Copy paper
- Colored paper stock and Pens
- Big KONGS for the dogs
- Cans of Authority brand cat food
- Cat carriers and Litter pans
- Kitty toys, Kitten formula
- Clear plastic storage boxes
- Gift Cards to: Walmart, Target, PetSmart, and Theisen's
Documents and Forms
- Animal Bite/Bat Report
- Animal Bite Letter (to Health Professionals)
- Animal Display Permit
- Breeding Permit
- Chapter 23 Ordinance (Municipal Code - Cats, Dogs and Other Animals)
- Don't Feed the Animals Ordinance
- Found Animal Form
- Foster Application
- Lost Animal Form
- Pet Adoption Application
- Urban Chicken Application
- Volunteer Application
To locate Cedar Rapids Animal Care and Control, view a map to our facility