- Payment must be received to register for a program.
- The Department reserves the right to cancel or consolidate classes based on registration. A full refund will be issued for all canceled classes. Minimum and maximum class sizes are utilized.
- Waiting lists are established when classes are full. Additional classes may be offered if the minimum enrollment is reached and facility space is available.
- Fees will not be prorated.
- Registration is required prior to the start of class, unless noted.
- A youth waiver is required for every participant under age 18.
- A $4.00 non-refundable handling fee will be deducted from the refund of each class when an enrollee withdraws prior to the first day of class for all programs. (For swimming programs, withdrawals must be made by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before the first day of class.) Once the first day of class arrives (or the Thursday before the first day of class for swimming), refunds are not issued unless the class or program is canceled by the Parks & Recreation Department.
- If your child turns the minimum age required within 30 days of the start of the program, they may register for that program unless noted otherwise.
- Web registration is available up to the day prior to the start of the class or session or the registration deadline date.
Northwest Recreation Center
1340 11th Street NW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52405
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Saturday 12:00 - 6:00 p.m., Sunday 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
City Services Center (CSC)
Parks & Recreation Department
500 15th Avenue SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.