Outdoor pavilions are available to rent from May 4, 2024 to September 29, 2024.
Online reservations are available up to ten (10) days prior to your reservation date. For reservations less than ten (10) days out, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department.
- Renters receive use of the entire pavilion and/or sink and burner facilities for the time period that they have reserved (sink and burner facilities and electricity will not be available without a reservation). Restrooms remain open to the public.
- Indicate when you make your reservation what time you want the pavilion opened for group functions. You are required to occupy the pavilion through the rental period as agreed upon with the park attendant.
- Anticipated attendance cannot exceed the pavilion capacity.
- Pavilion rental fee is Non-Refundable.
- Maintenance personnel will arrive to open your pavilion as close to your projected reservation time as possible. They may be a few minutes early or late due to the opening of several pavilions for different groups at the same time.
- Most pavilions are cleaned during the morning hours before the reservation.
- Decoration of the pavilions for parties is limited to what can be hung from rafters or held in place through clamps or rubber bands. Use of nails, tacks, screws, or any other item that will result in holes in the pavilion are prohibited. Please remove all decorations at the end of your reservation.
- The use of confetti and glitter is strictly prohibited. Violations may result in future reservations being denied and/or fines.
- Picnic tables within the pavilions may not be rearranged or removed.
- Charcoal grills are made available at a number of pavilions. Pavilion renters are welcome to bring in their own charcoal grill so long as they are not used under the pavilion roof. No fires are allowed except in grills or portable fire pits.
- Future reservations may be denied due to (but not limited to) unnecessary littering, violation of the noise policy, and/or violation of any City Ordinances or Park Regulations.
How to Make a Reservation
Northwest Recreation Center
1340 11th Street NW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52405
Phone: 319-286-5566, option 1
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
City Services Center (CSC)
Parks & Recreation Department
500 15th Avenue SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card payments accepted.
319-286-5566, option 1
Only VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card payments accepted.
General Park Rules
- No live or amplified music is allowed in City parks.
- No money is to exchange hands in City parks.
- All pets must be kept on a leash unless at one of the two Off-Leash Dog Parks. Please clean up after your pets.
- Additional Park Rules
Beer and Alcohol Policy
- ALCOHOL FREE Pavilions: Cedar Valley, Splash Pad and Upper Daniels
- Alcohol Free Parks
- Canned and bottled beer is allowed in the parks; anything larger than one quart size requires a $12 permit purchased in person at least 5 business days prior to the event.
- The person obtaining the permit must show photo ID and be responsible that:
- No minors are served.
- No beer is sold.
- They are present during the entire event.
- Permits are issued at the NW Recreation Center and City Services Center. The Police Department receives a copy of all beer permits and verifies compliance.