Disc Golf is a great way to enjoy the outdoors, exercise and meet people. There are two courses available for public play in the Cedar Rapids Parks system.
- Jones Park, 201 Wilson Avenue SW - 18 hole course, mostly up and down side of hill
- Shaver Park, 800 J Avenue NE - 8 hole course through wooded timber
Reservable soccer fields are located at Tuma Soccer Complex.
- Tuma Soccer Complex, 3239 C Avenue Extension (33 fields)
Tuma Soccer Complex, the largest in Iowa, hosts over 3000 soccer games each year in addition to cross-country events and football games. The soccer fields are not left open and are only available by reservation for tournaments and games. Contact Chad Peterson during business hours (7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) for rates and availability, 319-373-0500 or email@example.com.
Local baseball and softball organizations, the Parks & Recreation Department, and area schools and colleges use fields throughout City parks for league play. Diamonds available for the public to reserve for practice and Special Event usage include:
- Noelridge Park, 4900 Council Street NE (8 fields)
- Ellis Park, 916 Ellis Boulevard NW (3 fields)
- Tait Cummins Sports Complex, 3000 C Street SW (4 fields)
The City of Cedar Rapid's tennis courts include:
- Bever Park, 2700 Bever Avenue SE (1 court)
- Ellis Park, 916 Ellis Boulevard NW (2 courts)
- Jones Park, 201 Wilson Avenue SW (3 courts)
- Noelridge Park, 4900 Council Street NE (6 courts)
- Veterans Memorial Tennis Center, 1309 8th Avenue SW (12 courts)