To view the current zoning code adopted by City Council on December 18, 2018, please click here.
ReZone Cedar Rapids
The information contained on this page provides information about ReZone, the process to develop the current zoning code. Please follow the link above to the City's Zoning page to view the current code.
- Zoning Map Viewer
- Zoning Map
- Proposed Zoning Map Corrections (showing changes from November Ordinance)
- Full Draft Document (41mb, 386 pages)
- Clarifications and Corrections (red-line showing changes from November Ordinance)
Why Update the Zoning Code?
In 2015, the City updated its 15-year old comprehensive plan, using extensive community feedback. It's important that the City’s zoning code aligns and supports the direction of this new comprehensive plan. The new plan will also be modernized, simplified, and flexible:
- MODERNIZE: The new zoning code will enhance the experience of users by incorporating a user's guide and more graphics and user-friendly tables.
- SIMPLIFY: The City is exploring how the zoning code could improve the review and approval process for development proposals. The goal is to simplify the process for quality development.
- FLEXIBILITY: The new code will address the diversity of Iowa’s second largest city by embracing its uniqueness and providing options that accommodate the city’s urban, suburban, and commercial areas.
- Additional Zoning Code Update Information
- Phone number: 319-286-5041
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Community Development, City Hall, 101 First Street SE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401