- Everyone entering the pool must pay or have a valid season pass. Infants under six months are free.
- Children ages 5 and under must be supervised by an adult within arm's length.
- Youths ages 6-10 must be supervised by an adult or a responsible person of at least 14 years of age.
- Actual swim attire is required. Fibers from street clothing damage the pool filter. (Sorry, no basketball shorts.)
- Deep End Test: To use diving boards or swim in water over 5 feet, you must take the test at any pool where you swim each year.
- Water wings/floaties, large inner tubes, swimsuits with removable floats and life jackets are not allowed.
- Water and float toys allowed only at Family, Evening and Weekend swims.
- Concessions are available. No outside food, beverages, alcohol or coolers.
- Additional pool rules regarding safety and patron behavior are in effect during public swims. Look for signs posted at the pool.
Each pool has a locker/restroom area. Please do not store valuable items in the lockers. The Cedar Rapids Parks & Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Lockers are not for overnight use.
Swim diapers are mandatory for children who are not yet toilet trained. They are available from the pool cashier for a nominal charge.
City Pools Opening and Closing Policy
Pools and Aquatic Centers may not open or may close early for the following reasons:
- Air temperature below 70 degrees
- 20 people or less in the facility for a period of one hour. For Noelridge and Cherry Hill, the pool will close if there are 50 people or less in the facility for a period of one hour.
- Lightning or severe storm in the area
- Mechanical problems
- Poor water quality
- Special events/situations
- Maximum bather limit reached. (When a pool reaches capacity, patrons may be turned away and will be referred to another facility.)
- Other reasons deemed necessary by the Parks & Recreation Department
*Please Note: Not all slides and water features will be available at all times.