Cedar Rapids Parks & Recreation Updates
Last Updated: July 1, 2020
The public is reminded to follow CDC guidelines when using parks including:
- Follow social distancing standards of a minimum of six feet between you and other park users.
- Do not gather in groups beyond members of your own household.
- Practice good personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly.
- Be aware that park restrooms are currently closed and water is not turned on. Please bring hand sanitizer with you.
- Please carry out any trash that is brought into the parks.
- If you have been sick in the last two weeks or have a cough, fever or other flu-like symptoms, stay home for the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Individuals 60 years of age and older, or those with underlying conditions, should stay at home to avoid potential exposures.
- Trail users on any trail system are encouraged to maintain distance between themselves and others by signaling your presence with your voice, bell, or horn, and stepping off the trail to allow others to pass.
Beginning July 10, 2020, through September 27, 2020, some of the outdoor pavilions will be available to reserve Friday through Sunday. Pavilion rental times are from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Reservable Pavilions: Bever (Bever Park), Red Oak (Bever Park), Cedar Valley (Cedar Valley Park), Cherry Hill (Cherry Hill Park), Splash Pad (Daniels Park), Horseshoe (Ellis Park), Harborview (Ellis Park), Manhattan (Ellis Park), Overlook (Ellis Park), Parkview (Jones Park), Creekside (Noelridge Park), ITC (Noelridge Park), Seminole Valley (Seminole Valley Park), Shawnee (Shawnee Park)
Non-reservable Pavilions: (These pavilions are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You are required to remove your own trash.) Grandview (Bever Park), Zoo Hill (Bever Park), Upper Daniels (Daniels Park), Rose Garden (Ellis Park), Lakeview (Ellis Park), Pool (Ellis Park), Duck Pond (Ellis Park), Oak (Jones Park), Lagoon (Jones Park), Mohawk (Mohawk Park), Van Vechten (Van Vechten Park)
- Bender Pool CLOSED
- City Services Center CLOSED
- Ellis, Gardner and Twin Pines Golf Courses OPEN
- Jones Golf Course CLOSED
- Northwest Recreation Center CLOSED
- Old MacDonald's Farm in Bever Park CLOSED until further notice
- Park pavilions AVAILABLE (Some reservable; some first-come, first-served basis)
- Park restrooms SOME OPEN (Permanent restrooms are available at Bever Park, Noelridge Park, Ellis Park, Cherry Hill Park, Daniels Park, Cleveland Park, Cedar Lake, and Jacolyn Park. Multiple portable units have been placed as well in high-use parks and those with splash pads.
- Tait Cummins Sports Complex CLOSED
- Tuma Sports Complex CLOSED until further notice
- Ushers Ferry Historic Village CLOSED
- Ushers Ferry Lodge AVAILABLE for rentals
- Veterans Tennis Center CLOSED
- Noelridge Farmers' Market OPENS July 1 (No market July 3)
Parks and Playground Openings/Closures:
- Playgrounds and exercise stations OPEN
- Basketball Courts, Baseball Fields, Volleyball and Sand Volleyball Courts OPEN
- Riverside Skate Park OPEN
- Disc Golf Courses OPEN
- Tennis Courts OPEN
- Parks, trails, and dog parks currently OPEN
- Prairie Park Fishery OPEN for fishing and walking
Cancelled Programs and Events:
- Bender and Outdoor Pool Lessons
- Pool Pass Sales and Renewals
- Belly Dance, Pound, Basic Line Dance
- Kyudo Renmei Archery, Karate
- Junior Golf Lessons
- YOUTH SPORTS: Youth Spring Soccer, Football Buddies, Agility Games, Youth Track Club, Little Kickers, Intro to Sports, Ultimate Frisbee Camp, Jr. NBA/WNBA, Recreation 3v3 Basketball League, Hoop-It-Up Basketball, Tiny Tees T-Ball, CR Coach-Pitched Baseball/Softball, REC United Soccer, CR Youth Volleyball
- Tennis Lessons for the month of June
- Practice League
- USSSA Weekend Tournaments
- OLD MACDONALD'S FARM: Goat Yoga, Adult/Child Goat Yoga, Can You Dig It?, Be a Bee, Animals on the Farm, Creek Study and You, Farmer for a Day
- USHERS FERRY: Harry Potter Academy, American Girl, Hunger Games Training Camp, Anne of Green Gables, Maquoketa Caves Trip, Canoe Adventure Camp, Canoe Pirate Adventure, Fantasy Foam Battle Camp, Fantasy Foam Armory Workshop
- For Kids Only! Summer Day Camps at Noelridge and Cherry Hill Parks
Parks & Recreation Department Resources
- Golf (gift cards, punch pass, season pass): www.playcedarrapidsgolf.com
- Recreation (registration or refund inquiries): www.crrec.org
319-286-5566 (7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recreation Cancellation Information: 319-286-5700
- Dog Park Passes HERE or call 319-286-5566 (option 1)
- Pavilion Rentals HERE or call 319-286-5566 (option 1)
- General Parks Questions, call 319-286-5760, or email email@example.com
- Forestry / Trees
Report a tree concern HERE
Online permit for tree planting in City right-of-way HERE