Cedar Rapids Parks & Recreation Updates
Last Updated: September 17, 2020
The public is reminded to follow CDC guidelines when using parks including:
- Follow social distancing standards of a minimum of six feet between you and other park users.
- Do not gather in groups beyond members of your own household.
- Practice good personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly.
- Be aware that park restrooms are currently closed and water is not turned on. Please bring hand sanitizer with you.
- Please carry out any trash that is brought into the parks.
- If you have been sick in the last two weeks or have a cough, fever or other flu-like symptoms, stay home for the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Individuals 60 years of age and older, or those with underlying conditions, should stay at home to avoid potential exposures.
- Trail users on any trail system are encouraged to maintain distance between themselves and others by signaling your presence with your voice, bell, or horn, and stepping off the trail to allow others to pass.
PARKS OPEN FOR USE - PLEASE USE CAUTION WITH DEBRIS
| NE Quadrant
|| Urban Core
- Tuma Sports Complex OPEN
- Twin Pines and Gardner Golf Courses OPEN
- Ushers Ferry Lodge AVAILABLE for rentals
- Noelridge Farmers' Market OPEN (No market September 7)
- Bender Pool CLOSED
- City Services Center CLOSED
- Ellis Golf Course CLOSED due to storm damage
- Jones Golf Course CLOSED
- Northwest Recreation Center CLOSED
- Old MacDonald's Farm in Bever Park CLOSED until further notice
- Park pavilion rentals CANCELLED through August 30
- NEW pavilion rentals SUSPENDED for the remainder of the season
- Tait Cummins Sports Complex CLOSED
- Ushers Ferry Historic Village CLOSED
- Veterans Tennis Center CLOSED
- Playgrounds and exercise stations CLOSED due to storm damage
- Basketball Courts, Baseball Fields, Volleyball and Sand Volleyball Courts CLOSED due to storm damage
- Riverside Skate Park CLOSED
- Disc Golf Courses CLOSED due to storm damage
- Tennis Courts CLOSED due to storm damage
- Sac & Fox Trail CLOSED due to storm damage
Cancelled Programs and Events:
- Bender Swim Lessons - Session A
- Bender Pool Pass and Punch Pass Sales and Renewals Suspended
- Belly Dance, Basic Line Dance, Watercolor Made Easy, Painting with Acrylics - September Classes
- Kyudo Renmei Archery - September Classes
- Football Buddies, Youth Flag Football
- Tennis Lessons - September and October Lessons
Parks & Recreation Department Resources
- Golf (gift cards, punch pass, season pass): www.playcedarrapidsgolf.com
- Recreation (registration or refund inquiries): www.crrec.org
319-286-5566 (7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recreation Cancellation Information: 319-286-5700
- Dog Park Passes HERE or call 319-286-5566 (option 1)
- Pavilion Rentals HERE or call 319-286-5566 (option 1)
- General Parks Questions, call 319-286-5760, or email email@example.com
- Forestry / Trees
Report a tree concern HERE
Online permit for tree planting in City right-of-way HERE