Cedar Rapids Parks & Recreation Updates
Last Updated: June 5, 2020
The public is reminded to follow CDC guidelines when using parks including:
- Follow social distancing standards of a minimum of six feet between you and other park users.
- Do not gather in groups beyond members of your own household.
- Practice good personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly.
- Be aware that park restrooms are currently closed and water is not turned on. Please bring hand sanitizer with you.
- Please carry out any trash that is brought into the parks.
- If you have been sick in the last two weeks or have a cough, fever or other flu-like symptoms, stay home for the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Individuals 60 years of age and older, or those with underlying conditions, should stay at home to avoid potential exposures.
- Trail users on any trail system are encouraged to maintain distance between themselves and others by signaling your presence with your voice, bell, or horn, and stepping off the trail to allow others to pass.
- Bender Pool CLOSED
- City Services Center CLOSED
- Ellis, Gardner and Twin Pines Golf Courses OPEN
- Jones Golf Course CLOSED
- Northwest Recreation Center CLOSED
- Old MacDonald's Farm in Bever Park CLOSED until further notice
- Park pavilions AVAILABLE (first-come, first-served basis)
- Park restrooms CLOSED until further notice
- Tait Cummins Sports Complex CLOSED
- Tuma Sports Complex CLOSED until further notice
- Ushers Ferry Historic Village CLOSED
- Ushers Ferry Lodge AVAILABLE for rentals in June
- Veterans Tennis Center CLOSED
- Noelridge Farmers' Market OPENS July 1
Parks and Playground Openings/Closures:
- Playgrounds and exercise stations OPEN
- Basketball Courts, Baseball Fields, Volleyball and Sand Volleyball Courts OPEN
- Riverside Skate Park OPEN
- Disc Golf Courses OPEN
- Splash Pads CLOSED
- Tennis Courts OPEN
- Parks, trails, and dog parks currently OPEN
- Prairie Park Fishery OPEN for fishing and walking
Postponed Programs and Events:
- Jr NBA/WNBA
- Postponed to Summer: Kyudo Archery, Karate, Pound, Youth Spring Soccer, Football Buddies, Agility Games, Youth Track Club, Little Kickers
- Adult Summer Softball
- Lifeguard Classes, Lifeguard Review Classes, Water Safety Class
- Bender and outdoor pool swim lessons and pool rentals
- Summer tennis lessons
- Old MacDonald's Farm tours
Tait and Ellis Softball Complex rentals
Preseason pool pass sales and renewals haven been suspended through on-line, over the phone and mail in requests.
Cancelled Programs and Events:
- Adult Athletics: Men’s 40+ Basketball, Open Gym at Washington High School
- Special Olympic sports practices and competitions
State High School Tennis Meet at Veterans Tennis Center
Old Capitol Open – Ultimate Frisbee sanctioned event at Tuma
- Ushers Ferry Spring programs
- NW Recreation Spring programs
- NW Recreation Center facility rentals through June
- Preseason pool pass sales at Noelridge and Cherry Hill Aquatic Centers on May 2, 9 and 16
Parks & Recreation Department Resources
- Golf (gift cards, punch pass, season pass): www.playcedarrapidsgolf.com
- Recreation (registration or refund inquiries): www.crrec.org
319-286-5566 (7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recreation Cancellation Information: 319-286-5700
- Dog Park Passes HERE or call 319-286-5566 (option 1)
- Pavilion Rentals HERE or call 319-286-5566 (option 1)
- General Parks Questions, call 319-286-5760, or email email@example.com
- Forestry / Trees
Report a tree concern HERE
Online permit for tree planting in City right-of-way HERE