How to Lease a Garden Plot Instructions in French
How to Lease a Garden Plot Instructions in Spanish
How to Lease a Garden Plot Instructoins in Swahili
How to Lease a Garden Plot Instructions in Kirundi
Garden Plot Rentals
Garden plots are available for public rental at three City facilities. Plots are approximately 20 x 50 feet. Water is available at Tuma Park and at the area near Gardner Golf Course. The Parks & Recreation Department tills the gardens each spring and fall.
- Ellis Park, 916 Ellis Boulevard NW
- Gardens near Gardner Golf Course, Hwy 13 and Golf Course Road SE
- Tuma Park, 3239 C Avenue Extension, Marion, IA
Individuals who hold current garden plot leases may renew the same plot each year prior to plots being open to the public. Unclaimed plots are made available to the public each March.
The following guidelines apply when renting garden space from the City of Cedar Rapids:
Each parcel is designated and delineated by the Parks & Recreation Department.
The leased property is to be used for garden purposes only.
Gardens may be used between the spring and fall growing seasons. Garden plots must be cleared by mid October.
Gardens may only be used to grow products for personal use and not to grow items for sale.
Gardens must be kept free of debris and weeds during the leased period.
Only garden plot renters are permitted to use the land.
Loss of products or property are not the responsibility of the City of Cedar Rapids. Ellis Park is subject to potential flooding. The Parks and Recreation Department is not responsible for loss of items due to flooding.
View garden plot locations on the interactive Parks Finder application.
How to Lease a Garden Plot
- If you have already reserved and paid for a garden plot and wish to make changes, contact the Cedar Rapids Parks and Recreation Department at 286-5566, option 1.
- If you wish to add plots or rent for the first time, go to crrec.org.
- Scroll half way down the page to where it says Quick Links.
- Click on Online Registration and Pool Pass Renewal.
- If you have rented a plot in the past or are a past Cedar Rapids Parks and Recreation Department customer, you will have an account and you will need to use your username and password to sign in to your account. You may click on the Forgot Password box to locate that information or call us at 286-5566, option 1.
- If you have never purchased a service from the Cedar Rapids Parks and Recreation Department, you will click on the box that says Create Account. Follow all of the prompts to create your account such as name, address, phone number and email address.
- Once you have signed in to or established your account, click Search at the top of the page.
- This will bring up a white box that will have a link that says Garden Plots.
- A location dropdown box will come up. Choose your preference of location to rent a plot. You can choose from Gardner (formerly Squaw Creek), Tuma or Robbins Lake (Ellis).
- Click on Search.
- This will bring up a list of all the plots. The plots that are in red are unavailable and the plots that are in green are available.
- Choose your plot.
- Scroll to the bottom of the site.
- Click on Add To Cart.
- Follow through with the prompts for using your Credit Card/Debit Card to rent the plots.
- Once purchased, the Parks and Recreation Department will mail you a lease to sign.
- Sign the lease and return it to the Parks and Recreation Department. We will send you a signed copy of the lease in return.