Now Hiring for Summer 2022!
Applications for the 2022 Aquatics staff are now being accepted. Staff who have worked with the City of Cedar Rapids before are encouraged to apply early in order to receive priority applicant consideration. Returning employees receive a higher wage:
- 2nd year Lifeguards and Instructors* - $12.25/hour
- 3rd year Lifeguards* - $12.50/hour
- 2nd year Cashier/Concession Workers* - $10.25/hour
- WSI Instructors - $13.00/hour
- Managers and Assistant Managers - $14.00/hour - $15.00/hour
Applications are online only.
Application Instructions: Sign in using username and password created last season. Your profile information should be saved, so you can just review and/or update information as needed before submitting your application. If you cannot remember your login, first click "Forgot Username?", followed by "Reset Password" if you have only forgotten your password.
- Password requirements: uppercase, lowercase, number, AND symbol
- If you need to reset your username and password, make sure to check your junk/spam folder - our emails get caught occasionally
Want to be a Lifeguard?
Want to be a lifeguard? Certification classes are available monthly through June.
Register for Lifeguard Training
Has your certification expired? If it will expire before the end of the summer, you need to recertify. If you do not know if or when your certification expires, contact Spense at the number below.
Register for Lifeguard Review Class
Brian Ruffles, Aquatics Supervisor, 319-286-5737