Welcome to Bender Pool
Please Note: Due to COVID-19, safety protocols are in place. All programs are subject to change. Lap Swims/Water Walking and Water Exercise require advance registration.
Bender Pool is an indoor pool, open year-round. The pool is disabled-accessible and is equipped with a hydraulic chair and sloping steps in addition to traditional pool ladders.
The pool also has a slide and a basketball hoop. Bender Pool's locker rooms are equipped with showers, hairdryers, electrical outlets, baby changing tables, and lockers. Bring your own padlock or rent one.
The locker rooms are open and available at this time. Patrons are encouraged to come dressed to swim. Everyone must social distance. Please limit your time in the locker room to a few minutes.
The Cedar Rapids Parks and Recreation Department offers swimming lessons for all ages, special swims for youths, as well as water programs for adults at Bender Pool. The pool is not available for rental at this time.
Summer Season (May 3 - August 8)
This schedule is in effect through August 8. It is subject to change and may vary around the
holidays, special activities, maintenance needs, and other events or issues. Bender will be closed Memorial Day (May 31).
Lap Swimming/Water Walking
Swim lanes are available for lap swimming or water walking on a reservation basis only.
Available Time Slots:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 11:00-11:45 a.m., 12:00-12:45 p.m., 1:00-1:45 p.m., 2:00-2:45 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday: 7-7:45 p.m. (June 2 - August 4)
Tuesday, Thursday: 12:00-12:45 p.m., 1:00-1:45 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00-7:45 a.m., 8:00-8:45 a.m.
$5 per time slot
- Reserve and pay for a lane online in advance. (Sorry, no drop-ins.)
- Registration is continuously open for the following two full weeks.
- Daily registration closes at 5:00 p.m. for the next day.
- Only one person allowed per lane with no exceptions.
- There is a limit of one visit per day. (There are five lanes.)
- Transfers, cancellations, or refunds are not available for reservations unless the pool is closed by the City.
- Participants may lap swim or water walk, but must keep moving - no in-place exercises.
- Arrive dressed to swim five minutes ahead of time.
- Due to the possible need for contact tracing, you must register for yourself.
- Wear a mask when you enter the building and remove it when in the water
Making Your Reservation
- Click on the link below to access online registration:
Bender Pool Lap Lanes
- Enter your user name and password. If you do not have a user name and password, you will need to create one. You can do this by clicking create an account and filling out the information.
- At the top of the home page under the photo, you will see a drop down menu (green letters), “Search.” Click on this.
- In the white box at the top of the page, under “Search,” Click on “Bender Lap Lanes."
- Begin reserving your choice of time slots (day, time).
- Once you are satisfied with your cart, click “checkout” to complete your order and enter contact and payment information. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
- Bring your receipt (print or on phone) with you. (You can email it to yourself or access it through your account history.)
This class concentrates on stretching, strengthening, flexibility and range of motion exercises during an aerobic workout. The following modifications are in place:
- Advance registration is required. (Sorry, no drop-ins.)
- Online registration and payment only.
- No refunds for missed classes.
- Class maximum: 15 participants.
- Social distancing enforced with participants having their own bench, lane, and location in water.
- Masks required on deck, but not while in the water.
- The deep end is closed.
940 14th Avenue SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52403