Door-to-door demand-response service is available to passengers with qualifying disabilities, who are unable to ride the City Bus, during the same hours of service as the City Bus service. ID cards for those passengers that qualify will be issued upon request so that passengers may utilize ADA Paratransit services when visiting other communities.
The City of Cedar Rapids contracts with Linn County LIFTS to provide paratransit service in the Cedar Rapids metro area. For more information, please call Linn County LIFTS at 319-892-5170 or visit their website.
- ADA Paratransit Application (Revised April 2022)
- ADA Complaint Form
- ADA Reasonable Modification Policy
- ADA Paratransit Service Policies
- Linn County LIFTS Rider's Guide
Complementary Paratransit Service to Out-of-Town Visitors:
Linn County LIFTS provides complementary paratransit service to those visiting the Cedar Rapids area from out of town. The service provided is the same as for in-town ADA-certified residents. Service is provided as follows:
- 21-days (a combination of days, not necessarily 21 consecutive days) of paratransit service shall be provided within a 365-day time frame, to begin from the 1st day of service
- The service area for the paratransit service is within a 3/4 mile boundary of CR Transit's fixed-route bus stops
- Acceptance of eligibility documents from visitor's home jurisdiction to serve as ADA certification
- Service provided to those with an apparent disability without requiring documentation
- Service provided to those that present documentation of disability
- Documentation accepted from individual and/or home jurisdiction
- The process of accepting documentation /disability and providing service should be completed quickly, taking no more than 1 day