Cedar Rapids Splash Pads to Open
The Cedar Rapids Parks and Recreation Department has begun to open splash pads in parks. The process to turn on eleven splash pads will take two days, with all splash pads anticipated to be open and working by Wednesday, June 17. While the sensor on the fire hydrant, or button to activate the water, will be sanitized daily, other play pieces on the splash pads will not be disinfected and the water is not chlorinated. Patrons are asked to use their own discretion regarding use. Splash pads will operate for more hours than in previous years. They will turn on at 9:00 a.m. each day, and turn off at 9:00 p.m.
Splash pad locations include:
- Cedar Valley Park, 2250 Blakely Boulevard SE
- Cleveland Park, 1600 8th Avenue SW
- Daniels Park, 940 Oakland Road NE
- Greene Square, 400 4th Avenue SE
- Hayes Park, 1924 D Street SW
- Hidder Park, 10th Street and 14th Avenue SE
- Jacolyn Park, Jacolyn Drive and Gordon Avenue NW
- Noelridge Park, 4900 Council Street NE
- Redmond Park, 3rd Avenue and 16th Street SE
- Time Check Park, 5th Street and J Avenue NW
- Twin Pines Park, 3500 42nd Street NE
Health guidelines are in place that include:
- Maintain social distancing standards of a minimum of six feet between users.
- If you have been sick in the last two weeks or have a cough, fever or other flu like symptoms, stay home for your health and the safety of others.
- Individuals 60 years of age and older, or those with underlying conditions, should stay at home to avoid potential exposures.