How-to GuideTo learn more about how to sign up for a My CR account and submit a request, view this step-by-step video or follow the instructions outlined below:
How to Sign Up for a My CR Account
Visit the My CR website: my.cedar-rapids.org or download the Mobile CR app.
How to Submit a My CR Request
Visit the My CR website: my.cedar-rapids.org or download the Mobile CR app
- Users have the option to:
- Sign-up for an account; or
- Log a concern through “non-logged in” screen (screen shot below)
*Note: If you choose to submit a concern without creating and logging into an account, you will not have the ability to receive automated status updates via emails/texts.
Select a Request Category
- Select the category of the concern the citizen is reporting.
- Select the specific concern.
Select a Location
- If prompted, identify a location on the map by following the instructions at the top of the page. Users have the option to zoom in to select the parcel on the map, enter the address in the box in the upper right side of the screen, or select “Use current location” after clicking in the address box in the upper right side of the screen.
- Click “Next” at the bottom of the page to confirm your location and proceed to the next screen.
- Attach an image if applicable and click “Next”.
- Complete the requested information and add a detailed description. This is important to ensure your request is addressed promptly by the appropriate division.
- Click “Next” to confirm and proceed to the next screen.
Contact Details and Submitting a Concern
- If you are signed into your registered My CR account, your contact details will auto populate. If you are logging a concern without being logged into an account, you will need to manually enter your contact details, or you may choose to remain anonymous.
- Click “Finish” to submit your request.
- Your request or inquiry will be automatically submitted to the correct division.
- You will receive an email or text confirmation if you were signed into your account while logging your request.
- Once you have logged your request, you can send and receive updates via the “Discussion” tab when you are logged into your account.