The Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs) Cost-Share Program provides property owners financial and technical assistance in implementing stormwater BMPs for improving water quality and reducing the amount of stormwater runoff. Financial assistance will help cover the cost of materials and/or contractor labor for completing the projects. Projects can range from rain gardens and bio-retention cells to pervious pavement and soil quality restoration. The City will provide partial reimbursement of up to 50% of the project cost.
Who is Eligible:
Anyone subject to the City of Cedar Rapids stormwater utility fee will be eligible for participation in the program.
How to Apply:
|EZ Application||Full Application and Signed Maintenance Agreement Form|
|Maximum Reimbursement||$2,000||No max|
|Application Cycle||Open enrollment||Applications to be submitted at least 45 days prior to each Stormwater Commission Meeting
|How will the application be reviewed||
Competitive evaluation by Stormwater Commission every 2 months based on the following criteria:
Unsuccessful applications may reapply
Application packages can be submitted to the Public Works Sewer Division:
City of Cedar Rapids
Public Works Sewer Division, Attn Stormwater Coordinator
500 15th Ave SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (include "Attn Stormwater Coordinator" in the subject heading)
- The proposed measures must conform to the standards set forth in the Iowa Stormwater Management Manual and/or the Iowa Rain Garden Design and Installation Manual.
- Reimbursements are made after all work is completed and inspected.
- The applicant is responsible for the implementation of the project.
- The City is not liable for personal injury or property damage.
- The property owner is responsible for all applicable permits.
- The City does not warranty approved projects.