Parking & Street Signs
On-street parking is provided throughout the community as a service to residents.
- To request a change in parking restrictions or report a concern with existing parking restrictions, please call (319) 286-5176.
- To report a parking violation, please contact the Police Department Dispatch at (319) 286-5491 or Police Traffic at (319) 286-5356.
Accessible On-Street Parking
Accessible on-street parking spaces may be reserved for persons with disabilities and may be requested by individuals who have a valid Persons with Disabilities Permit issued by the Iowa Department of Transportation. Parking in these stalls is not reserved solely for the individual who requested the space but is public parking spaces reserved for any individual obtaining a Persons with Disabilities Permit.
- To get a Persons with Disabilities Parking Permit: https://iowadot.gov/mvd/vehicleregistration/persons-with-disabilities
- To request an accessible parking space adjacent to your house: Call (319) 286-5176. You will be asked to provide your name, address, phone number, and Persons with Disabilities Parking Permit number.
- Cost: The cost for 2 accessible parking signs on steel posts is $100.00
- Fines: The fine for parking in a disabled parking space without a permit or with an expired permit is $200. Parking in a disabled parking space using a family member's permit is not permitted.
Parking Restriction Signs
Parking restriction signs are used to govern the parking, stopping, and standing of vehicles. The Traffic Engineering Division is responsible for determining the parking restrictions on all public streets. Different signs are used for different types of parking restrictions. Call (319) 286-5176 to request a parking restriction sign.
Street Name Signs
Street name signs are placed at every intersection in Cedar Rapids. Public street name signs have a green background with white lettering and are maintained by the City. Private street name signs have a red or blue background and white lettering and are not maintained by the City.
If you need immediate assistance to report malfunctioning traffic signals, traffic sign repairs, or deficient construction traffic controls, please call the Police Department Dispatch at (319) 286-5491