Linn County and Cedar Rapids Trails and Bikeways Plan
The City of Cedar Rapids is partnering with Linn County to complete a Trails and Bikeways Plan! This Plan will replace the City’s existing Comprehensive Trails Plan and Map adopted in 2012. Since the Plan’s original adoption over 10 years ago, the City has made significant strides in trail and bikeway development, including doubling the miles of trails and adding over 50 miles of new on-street bikeways. The City is looking forward working with the public, local businesses, and trail and bikeway advocates to identify ways to continue improving the trail and bikeway network. As the project progresses, opportunities to stay engaged and learn about the project status will be provided below.
- February 24, 2023: City Staff and the consultant team met with the Plan Advisory Committee to brainstorm strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and challenges associated with the trail and bikeway network.
VIEW MEETING PRESENTATION
- April 21, 2023: City Staff and the consultant team met with the Plan Advisory Committee to review draft maps and discuss the online survey.
VIEW MEETING PRESENTATION
- May/June 2023: City Staff and the consultant team conducted in-person engagement at various events to promote the Plan and engage with community members.
VIEW Community Feedback
- July/August 2023: City Staff and the consultant team analyzed all input received. Consultant team developed Community Engagement Report and Plan outline.
- August 11, 2023: City Staff and the consultant team met with the Plan Advisory Committee to review the draft Community Engagement Report and Plan outline.
VIEW Community Engagement Report VIEW Meeting Presentation
- Tom Peffer – Linn County Trails Association
- Dave Dechant – Linn County Trails Association
- Greg Januska – Linn County Trails Association
- Rob McKillip – Linn Area Mountain Bike Association
- Dave Benderson - Hawkeye Bicycle Association
- Martin Smith – Runner Advocate
- Jim Dwyer – Corridor Running
- Derek Stepanik – Northtowne Cycling and Fitness
- Kyle Moscrip – Hall Bicycle Company
- Logan Orcutt – Goldfinch Cyclery
- Steve White – SOKO Outfitters
- Clifton Trebil-Smith – Iowa Running Company
- Brian Tharp – We Run LLC
- Lynn Haas – League of American Bicyclists
- Paul Salamon – League of American Bicyclists
- Ken Barker – Backyard Trails LLC
- Brad DeBrower – Transit Manager – City of Cedar Rapids Transit
- Elizabeth Buch – City of Cedar Rapids
- Jacquie Montoya – Linn County Public Health
- Jonathan Galbraith – Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Bruce Nesmith – Professor of Political Science, Coe College