19th Annual CRFD Memorial 5K Run/Walk
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, this year's CRFD Memorial 5K Run/Walk has been cancelled.
Organized by members of the Cedar Rapids Fire Department in 2000, this annual race is designed to raise money for a Memorial Fund for fallen firefighters and their families. Besides the 5K Run/Walk, we also provide a Wheel Chair Race and the Junior Firefighter Half-Mile Fun Run.
- In the past two years, $1,750 was given to the families of Iowa firefighters who had passed in the Line Of Duty.
This year's CRFD Memorial 5K Run/Walk will be held on Saturday, May 25, 2019.
- Online registration for this event is now open.
- The Course
- The CRFD Memorial 5K will be held on a USATF-certified 5K course (IA 03002-MF) at Prairie High School, 401 76th Avenue SW, Cedar Rapids.
- Kevin Sterenchuk 5K Run/Walk
- (Male & Female)
- 5K Wheelchair Race
- (Male & Female)
- Joe Brakel Fire & Police Team Race
- Open to any Emergency Service Agency. All participants should sign up individually and designate agency or dept. on the entry form. Minimum of four participants from the same agency is required. The top four finishers from the same agency will be added to determine team finish. Must be department member.
- Brett Henderson Junior Firefighter Half-Mile Fun Run
- Open to children 10 years of age and younger. All finishers will receive a ribbon. There is no charge for this race and youngsters may sign up on race day!
- Registration Options & Entry Fees
1. Pre-register online. $20 with shirt, $15 no shirt option.
2. On the morning of the race: 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. - $25 NO SHIRT
3. Night before (Friday, May 24th) at the Central Fire Station, 713 1st Avenue SE, between 6:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. - $20 NO SHIRT
We recommend pre-registering to avoid the long line on race morning.
Race number pick up will be Friday, May 24th, at the Central Fire Station, 713 1st Avenue NE, between 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Age Groups (Male & Female)
- 8 and under
- 9 - 13
- 14 - 18
- 19 - 29
- 30 - 39
- 40 - 49
- 50 - 59
- 60 - 69
- 70 +
- Schedule of Events
- 7:00-8:00 a.m. - Registration & Packet Pick-up
- 8:25 a.m. - Start of Wheelchair Race
- 8:30 a.m. - Start of 5K Run/Walk
- 9:45 a.m. - Jr. Firefighter Half-mile Fun Run
- (Awards will immediately follow the Fun Run)
- Overall Male & Female (Kevin Sternchuck Memorial Trophy)
- Overall Male & Female Master - Over 40 years of age
- Overall Male & Female Wheelchair
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Emergency Services Teams
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place each age group male/female
The 1/2 mile fun run is open to ages 10 and under. All finishers will receive a Brett Henderson Memorial Junior Firefighter custom medal. There is no charge for this fun run. Show up at the start line.
- Any questions or comments please contact Jason Aarhus at email@example.com.