The City of Cedar Rapids has opened the application cycle for the City of Cedar Rapids Hotel-Motel Tax Fund Grant Program for FY23-FY24. The application opens Wednesday, June 15, 2022 and closes at 12:00PM (NOON), Friday, September 2nd, 2022. Click here to view the application.
Below are the requirements approved by City Council at the June 14th City Council meeting:
- 2-year application cycle
- Total amount to be awarded from grant application program $600,000
- Must have 501(c)(3) IRS status under Internal Revenue Code
- Hotel Motel allocations do not occur until hotel motel revenue necessary for City commitments has been reached (currently at $3.2M)
- Hotel Motel funding will not exceed 10% of non-profit annual ongoing operating revenue (non-profit will have to demonstrate ongoing revenue sources) or $50k whichever is less.
- Listing members of the board of directors on organization website (January 1st of each year of grant period organization will be required to send a letter to the City stating board of directors in on their website). Failure to submit a letter by January 1st or listing of board members on website will result in loss of funding.
- Identify the public purpose your organization is providing to the City of Cedar Rapids
- Identify how your organization impacts hotel motel tax revenue
- Hotel motel applications will present financial statements and demonstrate organizational health prior to City Council awarding funding
- At the end of each fiscal year awarded applicants will provide an update on financial statements and organizational health
The current plan is to have applications reviewed in September 2022 and grants will be announced by the end of October 2022.
Please submit all documents (financial statements, resolutions, application, etc.) and any questions to Andrea Huls at email@example.com