Development Services Department- Zoning Ordinance
The Cedar Rapids Zoning Ordinance, as set forth in the text of Chapter 32 and the Official Zoning Map, is adopted with the purpose of improving and protecting the public health, safety, comfort, convenience, and general welfare of the people.
- Full Chapter 32 Zoning Code (regular view)
- Full Chapter 32 Zoning Code (2 page view)
- Zoning Map Viewer (Note: Google Chrome does not support the Zoning Viewer. Please use an alternate browser.)
- Planned Unit Developments (PUDs) Comprehensive list and descriptions of PUD overlay districts in the City.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Floodplain Regulations
- Floodplain Permitting Flowchart
- Exception to the Zoning Code
- Sign Regulations
- Urban Agriculture and Community Gardens
- Urban Chickens
- Planning, Land Use, and Zoning Fact Sheets (Iowa State University)
Please note that the City’s municipal code can be found here and does not include Chapter 32.
Board of Adjustment
Minor and Major Erosion Control Permits (Former Fill and Rubble Permit Requests)
Site Plan - for single-family lots
Working in the Public Right-of-Way
Municode (for searching other sections of the City's code)
EnvisionCR - Cedar Rapids Comprehensive PlanFuture Land Use Viewer