The Rockford Road Micro-Area Action Plan follows similar planning initiatives already completed (including the Westdale Area Action Plan, Czech Village/New Bo Area Action Plan, College District Action Plan, Mt. Vernon Road Corridor Action Plan, 6th Street SW Corridor Action Plan, and the Northwest Neighborhood Action Plan), but focuses on a smaller geographic area. The Plan will help the City prioritize public investment in the area and build engagement with community stakeholders: businesses, residents, and property owners. Ultimately, the Plan will create a vision for the area with goals and action steps to reach that vision. The Rockford Road Micro-Area Action Plan will be a component of the , and is intended to guide future decisions.
- December 7, 2022: City Staff kicked-off the project with a presentation to the City Council Development Committee.
VIEW MEETING PRESENTATION
- January 2023: The City held in-person stakeholder workshops at the ImOn Ice Arena to promote the Plan and engage with residents, businesses, employees, and sport facilities within the study area.
- February - May 2023: City Staff analyzed input received and conducted existing conditions analyses related to character/placemaking, land use, and connectivity within the study area.
VIEW Stakeholder Feedback
- June - October 2023: City Staff developed a draft Plan for the study area including identified goals and actions steps for future implementation.
VIEW Draft Goals and Action Steps
- November 13, 2023: The City held an open house to solicit stakeholder input on the draft goals and action steps. At the open house, each attendee was given three dot stickers to vote for which action steps they felt were most important.
View Open House Boards Dot Voting Results