Lien and Mortgage Servicing - Housing Programs
Liens and mortgages are placed on properties assisted through the programs in the Housing Services office. In order to request information on a lien or mortgage, or to request subordination or release, please complete the Lien Servicing Request form and email to email@example.com. You may also call (319) 286-5872 for assistance.
Liens, mortgages, and deed restrictions for the following programs are serviced through this office:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) – Property Rehabilitation
- HOME Program – Property Rehabilitation
- First Time Home Buyer Program – Down Payment Assistance
- Lead Hazard Control Grant – Property Rehabilitation
- Jumpstart Housing – Property Rehabilitation and Down Payment Assistance
- Jumpstart Rental – Property Rehabilitation
- ROOTs/Single Family New Construction – Forgivable Mortgage
- LOST (Local Option Sales Tax) Owner Occupied – Property Rehabilitation
For LOST (Local Option Sales Tax) rental property related liens, please contact Building Services at (319) 286-5831.
Please note: the liens and mortgages serviced through this office are for properties that received funding through programs listed above and administered by the City of Cedar Rapids Housing Services Office. We are not able to assist with any other lien or mortgage questions.
For other housing programs, please contact the agency listed on the lien. Also, the East Central Iowa Council of Governments (ECICOG) office may be of assistance, 319-365-9941.