This is the second Harrison School, built in 1929-1930, after the first Harrison School was destroyed in a fire in January 1929. The two-story red brick building was designed by Cedar Rapids architect Harry E. Hunter in the English Tudor style. It provided elementary school instruction for students from kindergarten through sixth grade. A wing for kindergarten and first-grade classes was added in 1955. A 23-foot long mural placed in the foyer depicts the theme of Transportation. It was painted in 1934-1935 by William E. Henning, a student of Grant Wood.
Download this plaque (PDF format)