Summary of key online resources:
A convenient drop-box is available outside the City Services Center (500 15th Avenue SW) for those dropping off permits, payment, or other paperwork. Due to the volume of permit and inspection requests, residents are encouraged to continue utilizing online services whenever possible, and to call in advance in order to make an appointment to sit down with staff for a more comprehensive site plan review. A drop-box is also available at the front of City Hall.
- Pay online at www.CityofCR.com/water or view the list of payment drop boxes.
- Customer Service: Call 319-286-5900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Engineering: Call 319-286-5950
- Cross Connection Control/Backflow Tests: Please submit your test results online or email backflow forms to email@example.com.
Public Works Department
- Right-of-Way Permits: Use MyCR to submit electronic right-of-way permits. Visit my.cedar-rapids.org/Account/Login to get started. All right-of-way permits will need to be submitted online via MyCR starting July 19, 2021. Learn more about right-of-way permits here.
Building Services Department
- Building Permits or call 319-286-5831
- Rental Housing or call 319-286-5197 (rental inspections temporarily suspended)
- Residential permits can be submitted to ResidentialPermit@cedar-rapids.org
- Commercial Permits can be submitted to CommercialPermit@cedar-rapids.org
Development Services Division
- Online applications for development permits, rezoning, plans, etc HERE
- Fence permit submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoning clearance and change of use, including sheds: email@example.com
- All other zoning inquiries, including signs: firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-286-5836
- Plan Reviews: 319-286-5780 or email@example.com
- Property / sale search information: www.cedarrapids.iowaassessors.com
- Exemption/credit applications: https://tax.iowa.gov/tax-credits-and-exemptions
- Application submitted electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions related to assessment of the property: 319-286-5888
- Property tax questions should be directed to Linn County Treasures Office: 319-892-5500.
Parks and Recreation Department
- Golf (gift cards, punch pass, season pass): www.playcedarrapidsgolf.com
- Recreation (registration or refund inquiries):
-- 319-285-5566 (7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
-- Cancelation information: 319-286-5700
- Dog Park Passes HERE or call 286-5566 (option 1)
- Pavilion Rentals HERE or call 286-5566 (option 1)
- General Parks Questions, call 286-5760, or email email@example.com
- Forestry / Trees
-- Report a tree concern HERE
-- Online permit for tree planting in City right-of-way HERE
-- Call 319-286-5566
Solid Waste & Recycling
- Drop-off window at City Services Center for safe disposal of syringes is currently closed.
- For customer service needs please email Solid-Waste-Recycling@cedar-rapids.org or visit www.CityofCR.com/Garbage.
Animal Care & Control
- Cedar Rapids Animal Care and Control, located at 7241 Washington View Parkway SW, has implemented an appointment only policy for adoptions, surrenders, and incoming strays due to construction around the facility, as well as the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Currently, there are construction improvements ongoing around the front entrance and Animal Care and Control staff want to keep guests safe. By calling (319) 286-5993 and scheduling an appointment, Animal Care and Control staff can meet with those wishing to adopt, surrender, or drop off a stray animal and escort them safely to the appropriate area of the building. Masks are required of all visitors to the shelter.
- Those seeking to adopt an animal are also encouraged to complete an adoption application prior to arrival to help facilitate the process. Adoption applications are available at www.cedar-rapids.org/animal.
- Individuals seeking to reclaim or surrender animals, as well as drop off stray animals, should also call (319) 286-5993 to make an appointment.
- Shelter hours are Monday through Saturday from Noon to 5:00 p.m. To view the pets available for adoption, please visit www.petfinder.com/member/us/ia/cedar-rapids/cedar-rapids-animal-care-control-animal-shelter-ia125.
Police Department Station
The front desk at the Police Station is accessible to the public. Masks are required of visitors.
You can report a crime (not in progress) or request a report through the Police Department's online reporting portal at www.cedar-rapids.org/police. After completing the online form and submission, a police employee will contact you for follow-up utilizing telephonic and electronic means. Most public records requests can be accepted over the telephone or electronically, and provided to the requestor electronically..