Public Meetings and Events: Grouped by Type
The City of Cedar Rapids holds many different types of public meetings and events. Here's an overview of the most common types:
- City Council Regular Sessions - These are formal sessions where the council will hold public hearings, approve contracts, enact new legislation, etc.
- City Council Committee Meetings - There are three council committees that hold periodic meetings: Budget, Personnel and Procurement.
- City Council Special Meetings - These are informal sessions where the council examines projects, issues and programs in more depth.
- Public Open House - All residents are invited to stop by any time during these events to review City projects and provide feedback.
- Public Information Meeting - All residents are invited to attend these meetings to learn more about City projects or programs.
Click here to return back to the Public Meetings and Events page where you can view all events by Date.