When it comes to disposing of yard waste, YARDY is the tool for the job! YARDY is a large green cart that can easily be wheeled to and from the curb on collection day. Your YARDY cart is collected using an automated arm. To reduce property damage and promote efficiency, please keep carts 3 feet away from obstacles (fences, poles, trees and other containers).
When are YARDY carts collected?
YARDY carts are collected on your normal garbage day throughout the year - even in the middle of winter!
YARDY accepts yard waste and other compostable materials.
Listed below are just a few items that can be placed in your YARDY cart:
|Yard waste||Other Compostables|
|Leaves||Fruit & Vegetable Peelings|
|Sticks/twigs (5 in. max. diameter)||Paper plates, napkins & paper towels|
|Grass clippings||Dryer lint & human or pet hair|
Extra Yard Waste
If you have more yard waste than will fit in your YARDY cart, here are a couple of options:
- Separate brush into 2x3 foot bundles weighing less than 40 pounds. The maximum diameter for branches is 5 inches. Use biodegradable twine to bundle and set next to your YARDY cart for collection.
- Purchase a second YARDY cart by calling the Solid Waste & Recycling office at 319-286-5897
- Utilize the spring and fall leaf vacuum collection program.
- Kraft bags are only collected during the spring and fall Leaf Vacuum Collection times. Please use your YARDY cart and the above suggestions to dispose of extra yard waste.
- Christmas Tree Disposal
- Curbside Compost
- Leaf Vacuum Collection
- Wild Garlic Mustard ALERT
- Yard Cart Sizes