There will be no Cedar Rapids Transit Service on Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 26, 2020 or Friday, November 27, 2020.
- In compliance with Title IV of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Cedar Rapids Transit operates all of its programs and provides public transportation services without regard to race, color, or national origin. Cedar Rapids Transit is committed to providing non-discriminatory service that is open to the general public.
- Anyone who believes that they have been subject to an unlawful discriminatory practice by Cedar Rapid Transit has the right to file a complaint with the City of Cedar Rapids. Anyone who has a discrimination complaint should call Cedar Rapids Transit at (319) 286-5573. Cedar Rapids Transit will respond and request additional information with the goal of obtaining an appropriate resolution. Formal complaints should be in writing and mailed to: Human Resources Director, City of Cedar Rapids, Human Resources Department, 101 First St. SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401.
- LEP (Limited English Proficient) Passengers - communication assistance is available to you at no charge. Please contact the information booth at the GTC at (319) 286-5573.
- Cedar Rapids Transit Title VI Plan
- Cedar Rapids Transit LEP Plan
- Cedar Rapids Transit Title VI Complaint Procedure & Complaint Form
- Language Identification Flashcard (I Speak)