The Cedar Rapids Prescription Discount Cards may be used by all residents of Cedar Rapids and has no restrictions based on the resident’s age, income level, or existing health coverage. The discount card benefits not only those without insurance, but can also be used by underinsured residents to obtain prescriptions that are excluded from health benefit plans.
The discount card can be used when purchasing prescription drugs at pharmacies around the city, as well as at more than 60,000 participating retail pharmacies across the country.
Benefits of the Prescription Discount Card
- Average savings of 20% on prescriptions
- Easy access, nine out of 10 pharmacies participate in this program
- No enrollment fee
- No membership fee
- No limit on how many times the card can be used
- No age requirements
- No income requirements
- All family members are covered
- Pet medications that are also used to treat a human condition are covered
How to Get a Free Discount Card
- Pick up a card at the Cedar Rapids Public Library (450 5th Ave SE)
- Pick up a card at City Hall, 101 First Street SE
- Download a card using the steps below:
- Click here to get started
- Then click "Print a Card Now!"
- Enter "City of Cedar Rapids, IA" when prompted
- Your card will display on the screen
- Print it, cut it out and take it to any area pharmacy
Information You Should Know
This is not insurance. Savings are only available at participating pharmacies. Savings may vary by drug and by pharmacy. By using this card, residents agree to pay the entire prescription cost less any applicable discount.
All major pharmacy chains and most local independent pharmacies participate in this discount card network. Residents are not encouraged or incentivized to use CVS pharmacies over any other chain or independent pharmacy.