Storm Damaged Tree & Brush Removal
When spring and summer storms hit, trees can be damaged creating more yard debris than your YARDY cart can handle.
Helpful tips to help you deal with the debris:
When large areas of the City are affected by storm damage, the Forestry Division will work long and hard to clear trees from streets and power lines. If a tree emergency is called, they can also assist residents with their tree cleanup.
If you would like your tree debris removed quickly, you can utilize the services offered by the Solid Waste & Recycling Division to clean up the mess. Here is what you should do:
- Fill your YARDY cart with material. The lid must be closed for collection.
- Cut the branches to 3 feet in length, making sure the limbs are less than 5 inches in diameter.
- Bundle the branches into 2 ft wide bundles using a biodegradable twine. The bundles must weigh less than 40 pounds each.
- There is no limit on the number of bundles you set out for collection.
- Yard Waste bags are not accepted at this time.
If you don't want to cut and bundle your limbs, you can load your tree debris into a truck or trailer and take it to the A Street location of the Cedar Rapids/Linn County Solid Waste Agency for disposal. There is a minimum $5.00 or $18/ton charge for disposal of yard waste.