Hours of Operation
Fixed bus routes run from 5:20am-6:20pm Monday through Friday and from 8:25am-4:15pm on Saturday. There is no fixed route service on Sunday.
- Is located at 2nd Street & 12th Avenue SE.
- Serves as the transfer facility for passengers waiting to ride city buses. Most transfers can be accomplished within a one-hour waiting period. Individuals who do not depart on a city bus within a reasonable time frame or do not have other legitimate business at Lot 44, may be requested by authorized personnel to leave Lot 44.
- Rollerblading, skating, and skateboarding at Lot 44 are prohibited.
Passenger Conduct on the City Bus or at Lot 44
- Cedar Rapids Transit wants to provide a safe and pleasant environment for all of our passengers. Please help ensure a safe and comfortable experience by being courteous and respectful to others. Unacceptable behavior infringes on the rights of others and will not be allowed. Please observe the transit systems rules when on the bus or at Lot 44. It is the passenger’s responsibility to understand and comply with these regulations.
- Passengers that are in violation of the transit system rules will be requested by authorized personnel to discontinue the misconduct or to leave the bus or Lot 44. Individuals that refuse a request to leave the bus or Lot 44 are subject to arrest for trespassing and may be denied future access to the bus system.
- Cedar Rapids Transit reserves the right to monitor passenger behavior with the use of video cameras. Passengers the engage in unacceptable behavior may be denied bus service and/or access to Lot 44.
Items NOT allowed at Lot 44 or on the Bus:
Shirt, Shoes, and Personal Hygiene
- Uncaged animals (except trained service animals)
- Gasoline and other flammable liquids
- Firearms or air guns
- Open and exposed knives
- Car batteries
- Toxic or illegal materials
- Bulky materials that cannot safely be carried/transported on the bus
- Open alcoholic beverages
- Shirt and shoes must be worn on the bus and at Lot 44. Please keep your feet off the seats.
- Personal hygiene must be maintained in a manner that does not result in offensive odors that are unavoidable and objectionable to other passengers.
Eating, Drinking, and Music Devices
- Eating is prohibited on the bus.
- Drinking is allowed on the bus if the drink is in a spill proof container, such as a screw-top bottle or a coffee cup with a lid. Open beverage cans or cups without lips are prohibited. Open alcoholic containers or the consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on the bus and at Lot 44.
- Radios, tape players, CD & DVD players, cell phones, MP3 players, and other music devices are prohibited, unless the sound can be heard only through earphones or is muted to other passengers.