The Flood Control System Master Plan includes a sequence strategy to guide the construction of the project. This implementation plan is in addition to an already established interim flood protection plan that remains in place today.
The sequence/timeline was developed to answer three primary needs:
- Technical engineering as well as social, economic, and development considerations.
- The prioritization provides the greatest risk reduction as early as possible, while ensuring constructing one area would not jeopardize other areas.
- The plan will be flexible to accommodate funding availability, potential development opportunities and shovel-readiness for additional grant opportunities.
Considerations when developing the sequencing:
- Hydraulic impacts on other areas
- Enhanced interim protection ability
- Protection of critical infrastructure
- Property currently owned by City
- Encourages complementary development
- Emergency access
|Sequence Area||Anticipated Timeline (2016)|
|NewBo / Sinclair||0 - 5 years out|
|Czech Village||0 - 5 years out|
|8th Ave Bridge
|0 - 5 years out|
(east side of river, north of Quaker Oats to I-380)
|5 - 10 years out|
|Kingston Village||5 - 10 years out|
|Downtown||10+ years out|
|Time Check||10+ years out|
|Cargill south||15+ years out|
(8th Ave Bridge to 12th Avenue Bridge)
|15+ years out|