New Pedestrian Master Plan
The City of Cedar Rapids is seeking public input to help shape a new Pedestrian Master Plan. The goal of the plan is to create an updated list of where we need to install new sidewalk throughout the community, taking into consideration existing transit and trail amenities.
Public outreach was held June - July 2018, and included online surveys, interactive digital maps, pop-up workshops, and a community open house.
Based on public feedback, the City will develop a draft plan this winter for the community to review.
The draft plan will be published when it is available.
2014 Sidewalk Master Plan
The plan's primary focus is to prioritize sidewalk installation by inventorying missing segments in the City's existing walkway network and identifying opportunities and constraints in the installation of a complete sidewalk system. Given the plan's limited scope, this plan does not address intersection or roadway crossing issues other than as an extension of new walk segments.
Future Sidewalk Facilities
- APPENDIX A: GLOSSARY
- APPENDIX B1: LIST OF SIDEWALK SEGMENTS
- APPENDIX B2: LIST OF GAPS (SORTED BY SCORE PER GAP)
- APPENDIX C: CEDAR RAPIDS SIDEWALK MASTER PLAN SURVEY (ON-LINE FORM)
- APPENDIX D: CEDAR RAPIDS SIDEWALK MASTER PLAN SURVEY RESULTS (ON-LINE FORM)
- APPENDIX E: LIST OF PEDESTRIAN GENERATORS
- APPENDIX F: FIGURES
- HIGH PRIORITY SIDEWALK SEGMENTS
- PRIORITY RANKING MAP
- SIDEWALK GAPS
- CITY LIMITS & QUADRANT MAP
- AREAS LACKING SIDEWALK
- CRITERIA FLOW CHART
- BUS ROUTES MAP
- PROXIMITY TO GENERATORS
- NO SIDEWALK ON EITHER SIDE OF THE ROADWAY CORRIDOR
- AREAS WITH EVIDENCE OF PEDESTRIAN USE
- ROADWAY CLASSIFICATION MAP
- SIDEWALK MAP
- RATED SIDEWALK MAP
- SIDEWALK INSPECTION ZONES