Public Works

Building Permit/Certificate of Occupancy
Apply for a building permit and certificate of occupancy.

When repairing or replacing a driveway in the City of Cedar Rapids Right-of-Way please use the following application for permit. Only contractors bonded to work in the City of Cedar Rapids Right-of-Way or property owners doing the work themselves are allowed to work in our Right-of-Way.

Please contact Public Works at (319) 286-5802 with questions about driveways.

Encroachment Permits
Want to place a sidewalk cafe, bike rack, tables and chairs, sign, banner or flag on public property?

Other Housing Permits
Find out about other housing permits.

Special Event Permits
For event application and information.

Contact Us

Office Location:
Public Works Department
City Services Center
500 15th Avenue SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404

Phone Number: (319) 286-5802
Fax Number: (319) 319-774-5653

Office Hours:  
Monday - Friday 
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM


After Hours:
If you need immediate assistance to report malfunctioning traffic signals, traffic sign repairs, or deficient construction traffic controls, please call the Police Department Dispatch at (319) 286-5491

© 2018  Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 101 First Street SE

Powered By Revize Login