Paving for Progress Now in Third Construction Season
- Paving for Progress has completed approximately 40 projects across the community to date (approximately 15 miles of roadway)
- The program has invested approximately $26.2 million as of February 2016.
- All projects that were scheduled to be completed in fall 2015 were successfully completed.
- The City anticipates spending approximately $18 million this construction season on road improvements utilizing the local option sales tax for streets.
Creating a Comprehensive Strategy for our Roads
Creating a strategic 10-year plan enables the City to allocate funding to the best and highest use, relying on a prioritization list that is data driven, impartial, and measurable.The Paving for Progress program, made possible by the one-percent local option sales tax, allows the City to utilize a pay-as-you-go funding source, rather than selling bonds and incurring debt. The City will collect updated pavement condition data on our streets and re-evaluate the plan every two years, to ensure the plan is supporting the best and highest use of funding.
- Download the Capital Improvement Plan
- Learn more about how the Capital Improvement Plan was developed by watching the video below.
- CR City Source Newsletter
- CR News Now text alerts.
- You can also connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.