Notice to Destroy Weeds and Undesirable Vegetation
Notice is hereby given to all owners or occupants in possession or control of lands, including railroad lands, within the City of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
You are hereby notified that all weeds, vines, brush, bushes, non-purposefully planted trees less than three inches in diameter, and all noxious weeds, as defined by the State Code (Chapter 317) be cut or destroyed by May 1, and thereafter throughout the normal weed season which is May 1 through and including October 15, in accordance with Section 21.13 of the Municipal Code of the City of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
The Solid Waste and Recycling Operations Manager or duly designated person(s) shall certify the cost and expenses as provided by law against the property to be paid as required by law and bill the costs plus a $119.41 administrative fee thereof to the property owner in possession or control of lands, including railroad lands, within the City of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. In addition to the administrative fee, the costs and expenses to be assessed against the property for the cutting of, non-maintained grasses, destroying of weeds, vines, brush, or other growth by persons designated in this section shall be established by the following fee schedule based on square footage and amount of debris removed:
- Smaller than 5,000 sq. ft.: $40.00
- Between 5,001 and 10,000 sq. ft.: $50.00
- Between 10,001 and 15,000 sq. ft.: $60.00
- Between 15,001 and 20,000 sq. ft.: $70.00
- Between 20,001 and 40,000 sq. ft.: $80.00
- Greater than 40,001 sq. ft.: $90.00
- Removal of vegetative debris - less than 1/4 truck load: $40.00
- Removal of vegetative debris - 1/4 to 1/2 truck load: $50.00
- Removal of vegetative debris - 1/2 to 3/4 truck load: $60.00
- Removal of vegetative debris - 3/4 to full truck load: $70.00
If not paid within 30 days, these costs will be assessed to the property owner.
To report a property that you believe is in violation of Section 21.13 of the Municipal Code of the City of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, please call 319-286-5897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.