Public Works

Find information on the following types of encroachments.

Sidewalk Cafe
Request a sidewalk cafe encroachment on public property.

Fences, Sheds, and Driveways
Request an encroachment for a fence, shed, or driveway on public property.

Tables, Chairs, Benches, Furniture, or Artwork
Request an encroachment for tables, chairs, benches, furniture, or artwork on public property.

Downtown Signs, Awnings, and Sandwich Boards
Request an encroachment for signs, banners, or flags on public property in the Downtown District.

Flags or Banners
Request an encroachment for placing flags or banners on public property.

Newspaper - USPS Boxes
Request an encroachment for a newspaper USPS box on public right-of-way.

Landscaping or Sprinkler Systems
Request an encroachment for landscaping or a sprinkler system on public property.

Other Encroachments
Request an encroachment for a flagpole, retaining wall, boulder, basketball hoop, drive-up phone, residence mailbox, vendor, or satellite dish.

Related Links
City of Cedar Rapids - Engineering Division

City of Cedar Rapids - Housing Services
City of Cedar Rapids - Construction Division

Contact Us
Office Location:
Public Works Department
1201 6th Street SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404

Phone Number: (319) 286-5802
Fax Number: (319) 286-5801

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM


After Hours:
If you need immediate assistance to report malfunctioning traffic signals, traffic sign repairs, or deficient construction traffic controls, please call the Police Department Dispatch at (319) 286-5491

© 2018  Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 101 First Street SE

Powered By Revize Login