Collins Road carries 25,000 – 30,000 vehicles a day and is the city’s busiest corridor.
A 2018 project supports the goal of adding significant capacity improvements to relieve congestion and make it easier for people to get in and out of both the Lindale Mall and Collins Crossing shopping centers. The addition of sidewalks will also provide much-needed safety improvements for pedestrians.
Area: Collins Road NE, from just east of Northland Avenue to Twixt Town Road
Years of Construction: Spring 2018 – 2019
Construction cost: $7.4 million, City-funded portion of the project is 24%
- Additional travel lanes on Collins Road (three in each direction)
- Additional turn lanes at the Lindale Mall / Collins Crossing intersections
- New sidewalk on both sides of Collins Road
- New traffic signals with pedestrian indications/push buttons
- Stormwater management treatment
- Frontage road north of Collins Road will be removed to accommodate the additional travel lanes on Collins Road
Sign up for project emails on Collins Road, or other road improvement projects throughout the community.