Complaint about Law Violation
If you would like to speak to a police officer about a law-violation issue, please call 319-286-5348 between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.  You may also call the Joint Communications Center at 319-286-5491 if you have a non-emergency issue.  If there is an active crime or other emergency, please call 911.

Complaint about a Traffic Issue
Law enforcement can make a positive impact on increasing safety belt use rates through enforcement and education, removing impaired drivers from the streets before they are involved in crashes, or reducing the incidence of dangerous speed violations.  If you have a traffic concern, such as dangerous speeding in your neighborhood or other issue, please contact our Traffic Division at 319-286-5356.  For more information about traffic concerns, visit our Traffic Division page.

Complaint about a Police Officer 
It is essential that the entire community have confidence in its police department and the administration which supervises the exercise of authority.  This requires procedures for the adequate and expedient processing of allegations of misconduct by department members.

The Professional Standards Division has been established to serve the citizens of the community and department members with fair, impartial, expedient processing of complaints.

To make a complaint, please visit our Professional Standards Division page.

© 2019  Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 101 First Street SE

Powered By Revize Login