Labor Relations / Collective Bargaining Agreements
The City of Cedar Rapids maintains eight collective bargaining agreements and assists departments in ensuring consistency and fair application of the various articles within each contract, disciplinary matters, and grievance issues.
To view the current contract for each bargaining unit click the link(s) provided below:
- American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME Local 620)
AFSCME Local 620 One Year Extension
If you have any questions on the collective bargaining agreements, please contact our general HR line at 319-286-5000.
- AFSCME (Laborers, Equipment Operators, Technicians)
- Airport Maintenance (Terminal and Field Maintenance)
- Airport Non-Bargaining (Management and Administrative Staff)
- Airport Safety (Safety Officers)
- Firefighters and Fire Captains (Shift)
- Firefighters and Fire Captains (Day)
- Joint Communications (911/Dispatchers)
- Library (Professional Librarians, Library Technicians, Maintenance, Library Shelvers)
- Police (Police Officer, Records Technicians, Property Technicians)
- Transit (Bus Drivers)