The Cedar Rapids Zoning Ordinance, as set forth in the text of Chapter 32 and the Official Zoning Map, is adopted with the purpose of improving and protecting the public health, safety, comfort, convenience, and general welfare of the people.
- Full Chapter 32 Zoning Code
- Zoning Viewer (Note: Google Chrome does not support the Zoning Viewer. Please use an alternate browser.)
- Planned Unit Developments (PUDs) Comprehensive list and descriptions of PUD overlay districts in the City.
The following amendments are proposed for City Planning Commission review and recommendation on February 18, 2021 and City Council Public Hearing and Consideration on February 23, 2021
Here you'll find convenient access to forms, timelines and frequently-asked questions. The City's GIS Database allows user-initiated searches of zoning designations.
An application for a permit to develop property within the FEMA-regulated floodplain is available. The Floodplain Development Ordinance is also provided.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Floodplain Regulations
- Floodplain Permitting Flowchart
- Exception to the Zoning Code
- Sign Regulations
- What's My Property Zoned?
- Urban Agriculture and Community Gardens
- Urban Chickens
Please note that the City’s municipal code can be found here and does not include Chapter 32.
Board of Adjustment
Minor and Major Erosion Control Permits (Former Fill and Rubble Permit Requests)
Site Plan - for single family lots
Working in the Public Right-of-Way
Municode (for searching other sections of the City's code)
EnvisionCR - Cedar Rapids Comprehensive Plan
Future Land Use Viewer