The City of Cedar Rapids is committed to using community resources and incentives as a catalyst to promote business growth and investment by the private sector. The following five (5) objectives, adopted by the City Council in the Economic Development Investment Policy, provide a framework for consideration to ensure both sound investment and quality results.
- Facilitates significant investment that demonstrates growth of the tax base and strong commitment to the community.
- Facilitates creation or retention of high-quality jobs.
- Encourages diversification in the regional economic cluster and employment base.
- Provides a long-term community benefit in return for the City’s investment.
- Demonstrates quality development that exceeds City development standards and is consistent with the City’s Smart Growth Development principles.
Click on the Related Documents links on the right to view the full economic development policy.