The Cedar Rapids City Council established a clear action plan for recovery after the Flood of 2008 - the Cedar Rapids Flood Recovery & Reinvestment Plan. This plan includes a vision and three-part focus for building a greater Cedar Rapids.
- Improve Flood Protection: We will strengthen the protection of our homes, businesses and public facilities against future flooding. The City's flood management strategy includes temporary barriers to reinforce current levees; construction of a permanent system of floodwalls and levees; and the pursuit of improved state watershed management policies.
- Interim Flood Protection Plan
- Long Term Flood Management Strategy (Map)
- Voluntary Property Acquisition (Buyout) Program
- Demolition Program
- River Corridor Redevelopment Plan
- Neighborhood Planning Process
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Action Plans