Summary of key online resources:
Services to the public are still operational and available either online or via phone or email. Departments are making efforts to ensure minimal disruption to public services during this time. A drop-box will be installed outside the City Services Center front lobby doors for those dropping off permits, payment, or other paperwork that would normally be dropped off in person at the front counter. A drop-box is also available at the front of City Hall.
- Pay online at www.CityofCR.com/water or view the list of payment drop boxes.
- Customer Service: Call 319-286-5900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Engineering: Call 319-286-5950
- Cross Connection Control/Backflow Tests: Please submit your test results online or email backflow forms to email@example.com.
Public Works Department
- Online Right-of-Way Permits
Building Services Department
- Building Permits or call 319-286-5831
- Rental Housing or call 319-286-5197 (rental inspections temporarily suspended)
Development Services Division
- Online applications for development permits, rezoning, plans, etc HERE
- Plans and permit applications submitted electronically HERE
- Zoning: 319-286-5836 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plan Reviews: 319-286-5780 or email@example.com
- Property / sale search information: www.cedarrapids.iowaassessors.com
- Exemption/credit applications: https://tax.iowa.gov/tax-credits-and-exemptions
- Application submitted electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions related to assessment of the property: 319-286-5888
- Property tax questions should be directed to Linn County Treasures Office: 319-892-5500.
Parks and Recreation Department
- Golf (gift cards, punch pass, season pass): www.playcedarrapidsgolf.com
- Recreation (registration or refund inquiries):
-- 319-285-5566 (7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
-- Cancelation information: 319-286-5700
- Dog Park Passes HERE or call 286-5566 (option 1)
- Pavilion Rentals HERE or call 286-5566 (option 1)
- General Parks Questions, call 286-5760, or email email@example.com
- Forestry / Trees
-- Report a tree concern HERE
-- Online permit for tree planting in City right-of-way HERE
-- Call 319-286-5566
Solid Waste & Recycling
- Drop-off window at City Services Center for safe disposal of syringes is currently closed.
- For customer service needs please email Solid-Waste-Recycling@cedar-rapids.org or visit www.CityofCR.com/Garbage.
Animal Care & Control
- Lost or missing animals recovered by Animal Care and Control may be reclaimed by the owner; however, the owner must call ahead first.
- Animal adoption visits will be available by appointment only.
- Animal Care and Control will not be accepting the owner surrender of animals through May 15 (with the exception of owner-requested euthanasia).
- Animal Care and Control can be reached at 319-286-5993.
Police Department Station
The front desk at the Police Station is not accessible to the public unless entry is required to conduct business. Most business can be conducted by having the citizen use the telephone in the entryway. If someone needs to see an officer, basic screening questions are being asked before entry is allowed into the Police Station. For most efficient service, please call 319-286-5491 before making an in-person visit.
The Police Department website has been updated so that citizens can complete a form to report a crime (not in progress) or to make a report request. Please direct citizens to utilize this service at www.cedar-rapids.org/police. After a citizen completes the online form and submits it, a police employee can contact the individual for follow-up utilizing telephonic and electronic means. The $5 fee for police records has been suspended. Most public records requests can be accepted over the telephone or electronically, and provided to the requestor electronically..